Computer Application, Maintenance and Supplies

Thursday, March 04, 2010

CD Room won't be eject

Just bought a new (well, refurbished) Sony media-center PC, and while it's working fine for the most part, there's one annoying glitch: The Blu-ray drive's Eject button doesn't work.


Consequently, discs stay trapped in the drive unless I minimize Windows Media Center, open Computer, right-click the drive icon, and choose Eject. Talk about a hassle!

While I'm working to resolve this with Sony's tech support, I need a faster, easier solution. And I found one: a tiny freeware app called, simply enough, EjectCD.

After extracting the program from the Zip file, I pinned it to the Windows 7 taskbar. Vista users can do likewise by enabling the Quick Launch toolbar and dragging it there.

Now a single click of the EjectCD icon pops open the drive. Even better, because I know the ancient secrets of the Windows taskbar, I can just as easily use a keyboard shortcut.

See, every icon in the taskbar and Quick Launch toolbar is automatically assigned a numerical value: 1 for the icon closest to the Start button, 2 for the next one, and so on. Pressing the Windows key and that number launches that program.

So I pinned EjectCD in that first position. Now, a tap of Windows-1 runs the app and opens the drive.

I haven't been able to pin down the origin of this tool, which I found in an OverclockersClub forum. Thus, it's slightly use at your own risk, though as I said, it worked like a charm for me.

8 komentar :

Blogger said...

the first..
wah..nice info sob, simple and usefull.
succesfull sobat!

tomo said...

Oh you was buy ROM and it's can be reject after used?oh...no..You must complain to dealer

Ambae.exe said...

@Bunglon Blog...
thankz for visiting my place

@tomo...
it's advice was so impressive...
thankz 4 coming
success for you

cahyo said...

sekarang dah bisa kan?? heheh

Ambae.exe said...

@cahyo...
akhirnya bs deh...di dorong2 eh...keluar jg jadinya

hampir q jitak saking bandelnya
hehehe

Osi said...

Numpang absen az ya...biz g ngerti bhs planet...xixixixixi

maaf sobat

attayaya said...

moga cd ga macet lagi

Ambae.exe said...

@Osi...
ma kasih uda mampir n' cicipi hidangan disini

@attayaya...
macet na uda hilang tuh
hehehe

Post a Comment

Your comments are inputs for our